(as of 3/13/2020)
Residential Programs: OPEN
Barracks Row Drop-in Center: OPEN
At Sasha Bruce Youthwork, our participants and our staff are like family. And like you, during these last few weeks we’ve been focused on doing everything we can to keep our families safe and healthy.
We continue to follow the guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the CDC and the DC Department of Health, and we’re continually updating our preparedness plans to respond to the rapidly evolving situation.
We know that homeless youth in our city need us now more than ever, and that’s why closing our facilities during this time is simply not an option.
That’s why Sasha Bruce Youthwork is working closely with health partners, community providers, and local governments to ensure we can be there for homeless youth and families during this epidemic and beyond.
To this end, here are the steps we’re taking to protect our youth and staff and to ensure we are there for homeless youth:
- Updating and refining Preparedness Plans to reflect the unique needs of each residence and youth living at those locations, particularly those with school-age residents that may require accommodations for distance learning.
- Ensuring residences have enough food and supplies are available at each residence should we need to self-quarantine.
- Supporting recently homeless families living in our Extended Transitional Housing Program to ensure they have the resources they need.
- Deep cleaning program sites and increasing the frequency of regular cleaning of commonly used areas.
- Supporting participants with pre-existing health conditions to ensure they are doing well and that medications are being refilled.
- Refining our staffing plans to ensure programs can continue to operate without interruption.
We know the next few weeks will not be easy for our staff and youth, and we appreciate the support we’ve received from the community to ensure our doors remain open during this epidemic. If you are interested in supporting our Rapid Response Fund and help keep our doors open for homeless youth, you can make a gift here.
This page will be updated as information becomes available.