Safeway Nourishing Neighbors to Tackle Youth Homelessness
It’s startling to think about, but as many as 13 million children in our country may not know where their next meal will come from.
Sasha Bruce and Safeway Foundation’s Nourishing Neighbors initiative are working to fight hunger in our communities.
You can help us too by visiting the following Safeway stores and donate any amount at checkout during September 1 – 30, 2022.
- 4101 Northview Drive, Bowie, MD (Bowie Town Center)
- 15916 Crain Hwy SE Drive, Brandywine, MD (Brandywine Crossing Shopping Center)
- 7595 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, MD (Greenway Shopping Center)
- 322 40th St NE, Washington, DC (East River Park Shopping Center)
- 6500 Piney Branch Rd, NW, Washington, DC (Near Takoma Park)
- 1855 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington, DC (Near Georgetown and Glover Park)
Your donation at your local Safeway during the month of September will provide a quality breakfast at the Sasha Bruce Drop-In Center.
In the Washington, D.C. region, more than 4,000 youth are homeless each year. For nearly fifty years, Sasha Bruce has worked to help these young people find safety and stability. Young people experiencing homelessness or who are unstably housed have access to a variety of free services at the Drop-In Center, including meals.
Sasha Bruce is here to help. For more information about participating this campaign, or for future partnership opportunities, please contact Leigh Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.