Volunteer OpportunitiesDonate your time or expertise and help youth experiencing homelessness.
Volunteering at Sasha Bruce is a great way to give back and help youth experiencing homelessness. From one-time events to an on-going commitment, we appreciate your support.
Update: To ensure the safety of our youth and community members, all group and in-person volunteer opportunities are currently suspended. A list of available virtual and remote opportunities are listed below.
Notes of Encouragement / Project Appreciation
- Ensure WordPress is up to date
- Address any immediate fixes (security and extension updates)
- Update the navigation menu to make it more user-friendly
- Refine page layouts to ensure we remain accessible to all as we pivot to virtual programming
- Create a new page for the Lukey Kaempfer Transformation Project, our signature program aimed at helping formerly homeless youth pursue college and career opportunities.
- Address any SSL issues
- Improve SEO functionality and maximize our use of the Google AdWords Grant
- Improve UX
- Enhance tracking of KPI
- Glasses & Mugs
- Spatulas, Tongs, Whisks, Measuring Cups, Can Openers, Baking Sheets
- Pots & Pans
- Dish Soaps, Sponges, Dish Towles
- Oven Mitts
- Trash Bags
- Cleaning Supplies
- Twin Size Bedding
- Shower Curtains & Rods
- Bath Towels
Volunteer activities do not constitute a guaranteed offer of employment, contracts, or business opportunities.
All volunteers are subject to a Criminal Background Check, fingerprinting, as well as additional clearance requirements based on the project.
In-kind donations help ensure that our youth have access to what they need most.
Please note that at this time we cannot accept used clothes.
COVID-19 Specific Needs
- PPE Equipment (masks, gloves, etc)
- Hand Sanitizers
- Non-perishable food
- Gift cards
- Hair Grease
- Mouthwash, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste & Floss
- Combs & Hairbrushes
- Laundry Detergent
- Bedding for Twin-Sized Beds ( Sheets, Pillows & Blankets)
- Crib Sheets
- First Aid Kits
- Diapers & Disposable Diaper Bags
- Menstrual Hygiene Products
- Gift Cards – for Food & Clothing
- Individually Packaged Snacks
- Gently Used Furnuinture
To arrange for a drop-off, please email email@example.com or call (202) 657-9340.