Volunteer OpportunitiesDonate your time or expertise and help youth experiencing homelessness.
Volunteering at Sasha Bruce is a great way to give back and help youth experiencing homelessness. From one-time events to an on-going commitment, we appreciate your support.
Update: To ensure the safety of our youth and community members, all group and in-person volunteer opportunities are currently suspended. A list of available virtual and remote opportunities are listed below.
Notes of Encouragement
Virtual Career Panelist
- Video game designer
- Multimedia artist/animator
- Graphics engineer
- Web developer
- Nuclear technician
- Radiation therapist
- General contractor
- Radio host/DJ
- Ensure WordPress is up to date
- Address any immediate fixes (security and extension updates)
- Update the navigation menu to make it more user-friendly
- Refine page layouts to ensure we remain accessible to all as we pivot to virtual programming
- Create a new page for the Lukey Kaempfer Transformation Project, our signature program aimed at helping formerly homeless youth pursue college and career opportunities.
- Address any SSL issues
- Improve SEO functionality and maximize our use of the Google AdWords Grant
- Improve UX
- Enhance tracking of KPI
Volunteer activities do not constitute a guaranteed offer of employment, contracts, or business opportunities.
All volunteers are subject to a Criminal Background Check, fingerprinting, as well as additional clearance requirements based on the project.
In-kind donations help ensure that our youth have access to what they need most.
Please note that at this time we cannot accept used clothes.
COVID-19 Specific Needs
- PPE Equipment (masks, gloves, etc)
- Hand Sanitizers
- Non-perishable food
- Gift cards
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Gift Cards – for food and clothing
Special Projects – TVs
To help promote social distancing at our residences, we are in need of TVs for residents without one. This will discourage congregating in the common areas and help us reduce the spread of COVID.
To arrange for a drop-off, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 657-9340.